This research project on Palestinian cinema started at the same time as Madrid Palestine Film Festival. Since the beginning of 2010 information about films and filmmakers as well as articles and bibliographic references have been collected. The purpose is to know Palestine through its cinema by offering a wide range of resources to anyone interested in this subject:
– A list of biofilmographies which includes 200 Palestinian filmmakers and nearly 1,000 pieces of work (films and video-art).
– A catalogue of Palestinian films about Palestine and their location in Spain (About 180 films, in Spanish or subtitled into Spanish, have been identified, 130 of them have been published in this site).
– An archive with more than 100 films screened at Madrid Palestine Film Festival 2010-2012.
– Audiovisual resources in our youtube channel.
– Publications and other texts translated into Spanish.
– A selected bibliography with more than 100 references about Palestinian cinema.
The Resource Center on Palestinian Cinema is an on-going project. We welcome any comments to update this site. For any suggestion please write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Centro de Documentación sobre Cine Palestino starts collaborating with the Center for Palestine Studies, Columbia University in January 2013. New publication: Una cronología del cine palestino / A Chronology of Palestinian Cinema (1927-1999) y (2000-2012). This is a chronology that includes two periods: 1997-1999 and 2000-2012, nearly 1,000 Palestinian films (including video-art) made by Palestinian filmmakers/artists. This is an on-going research. Any information to improve it would be highly appreciated, especially comments/suggestions coming from Palestinian filmmakers to update their filmographies and help to correct any mistake.
We are in the process of uploading this information on http://cinepalestino.com/biofilmografias/
Madrid Palestine Film Festival
[Check our new website: www.muestracinepalestino.com]